Student Midwife Resource Pack
Download the resources leaflet in PDF format (version August 2015)
Dear Student Midwife
Welcome to the NHS Antenatal and Newborn Screening Programmes Pack.
This resource has been produced and provided by the NHS Screening Programmes to support your learning around the NHS antenatal and newborn screening programmes. It has been designed to provide you with:
- Pocket and diary sized resources to assist when discussing the screening programmes with women and their families, helping them to make informed choices
- Links to the education and training resources developed by NHS Screening Programmes to support your further learning
We hope you find this resource useful.
For further information please visit the UK Screening Portal.
2. Generic Education and Training Resources
NHS Screening Programmes has produced many resources to support health professionals deliver, manage and audit the antenatal and newborn screening programmes.
3. Programme Specific Education and Training Resources
- PEGASUS (Professional Education for Genetic Assessment and Screening) – a programme of education and training in basic genetics using screening for Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia as a model
- Recessive Inheritance Risk Card – diagram to show inheritance risk in each pregnancy
- Information for Healthcare Professionals – an information leaflet describing antenatal and newborn screening policy for sickle cell and thalassaemia
- General Information Resources - a range of professional information resources to support the programme including condition specific factsheets, awareness posters and a resource pack
- Information for Professionals - a variety of information and resources for professionals involved with the newborn and infant physical examination